You ever stop to think how is it that time is going by so fast? oh, wait, you don’t have time to think. It is very difficult to be effective while on overload.
Try these simple techniques to relieve stress and help you focus on your to-do list and gain more time:
- Time Management is a figment of your imagination. It is not something that we are born with but a skill we have to learn in order to become effective in our daily lives. Use a Time/Value Matrix to categorize from your lowest to your highest priorities.
- Where exactly is your time being wasted? If you are spending more time with the planning process than the actual accomplishment, you are wasting a lot of time. Taking 15-minute breaks in-between will help you re-group and focus more on what exactly you need to do to reach your goal.
- Plan on your time. Make sure you carry out your plan. Don’t just think about it, write it down and then shove it to the bottom of your work pile. If you have to, create your own plan on a large eraser board and hang it on the wall so that you can see it every few minutes. Keeping a plan will help you keep on track.
- Limit your tasks. You are not Superman or Wonder Woman, so set 30-minute to 1-hour increment time limits on each task. You may not complete them all but at least you will accomplish a lot. Once your tasks are in order and you have set a time limit, your goal is to accomplish each one little by little until it’s completion.
- Use your resources. Whether it is on the Internet or through books; there are many resources that you can utilize on time management. It can be templates, video tutorials or seminars; but the tools are there for you to use. And if at first, you don’t succeed, HIRE A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT!A VA can help you keep organized and focused on time management through various tools so that you can use your time on what’s more important. Don’t get overwhelmed while your work is piling up. Remove all the stresses of your life by hiring a VA. Before you know it you will wonder what to do with all that extra time on your hands; such as, a vacation, write a book, meet new prospects, grow your business, etc.
Don’t procrastinate… time is of the essence!