Do you remember one of the best parts of “The Notebook” when the guy ask the girl, “What do you want?” In reality, most females can’t answer this question, don’t judge me, we women really don’t know what we want 99.9% of the time. I mean, I couldn’t answer this question until I reached my 40s when I finally grew the heck up!
So, I made it easy for you by providing 7 ways to get what you want:
1. First, know what you want and write it down. Whether it’s big or small, writing it down will help you get it out of your head space to make room for more great ideas. Write every detail of what you want and be specific.
2. Next, write down the pros and cons of what you want. In other words, think of the end in mind and how you will benefit from getting what you want. If it’s not a positive end, you may want to rethink. When you know your pros and cons, it will give you a clearer picture of what you need to work on versus wasting your time.
3. Acknowledge that you will have hurdles along the way. Once you recognize this, you will be better prepared with a plan B. Always have a plan B!
4. Identify whether you will need to acquire extra skills to reach your goal.
“Sometimes you have to humble yourself and be a student first”
5. You should know by now that you can never do anything on your own. Find people that will not only help you reach your goals but also keep you accountable.
6. Now that you have it all written down to create a plan of action. A step by step process to achieving what you want. This step will help you know what resources you will need and what strategies you need to use.
7. Finally, set the date. You know, the one date where you will finally accomplish what you want!
Here’s to Greatness!