You ever felt lately like you need a mental break? Ok, maybe a few!
With today’s technology, it feels like so much information is available and you wonder, what do I do with all this information? And which information is true or not? It’s great to have resources available at your fingertips at any time, but it can also become overwhelming if we do not know what to do with it.
Here are 5 ways to remove all of that information overload:
- Not everything that you subscribe to really matters at all. I’ve had to go through all of my email subscriptions and remove myself from quite a few. I’ve had to do this various times. Because at the time it sounds all good and dandy until you find that it is not relevant to you. Now, before I subscribe I make sure it’s going to be of value.
- If you want to keep updated on topics that relate to your business or hobby, use Google Alerts. It’s simple to use; just enter the topic and your email and you will receive articles, blogs, and news only on that topic.
- Be very particular on which sources you get your information from. Many media outlets may give you facts, but not the truth. Don’t just immediately share everything you read.
- If you are a bookworm like me 🙂 there is constantly a lot to read to keep you informed but it should be fun as well. Getting different perspectives from other people’s views is a fun thing to do. Some may be negative and some positive but feeding yourself the positive will keep you successful in the long run.
- And lastly, if someone offers you an opportunity to become a guest blogger or speaker, go for it. This will give you opportunities to meet new people and also it will open more windows to greater and bigger resources.
To great success!