Marine Silent Drill Platoon
In order to become a leader, you have to become a follower first. There’s no better way to follow the greatest skills in leadership than the Marines.
Here are the 14 Leadership Traits everyone should follow to become a great leader and the breakdown of what each trait means:
- Justice: to be fair at all times and treat each person equally.
- Judgement: to think before making rash decisions.
- Dependability: being consistent in what you do or what you are tasked whether you like it or not.
- Initiative: if something needs to be done don’t wait to be asked to do it. Just do it!
- Decisiveness: in order to make good decisions you need to mentally stay positive.
- Tact: treating others as you want to be treated.
- Integrity: honest and truthful at all times.
- Enthusiasm: believe in yourself and accept any challenge that comes your way.
- Bearing: working in excellence at all times, holding yourself to the highest of standard everywhere you go.
- Unselfishness: your rank (title) can be given and be taken away, don’t use it at the expense of others.
- Courage: face your fears with self-discipline and calmness.
- Knowledge: a true scholar learns something new daily. Listen, observe and learn.
- Loyalty: “Semper Fi” means “Always Faithful”. You should be loyal to your team, peers, and leaders.
- Endurance: Training should never end in order to stay strong whether it’s mentally or physically.